If you own or operate a for profit corporation, LLC, limited partnership or “any business entity that requires registration or creation by filing a form with any governmental entity, you need to go and file at https://boiefiling.fincen.gov  There are 23 categories of exemptions, general partnerships and trusts do not need to register.  Tax-exempt